Master of Arts Degree in Studio Art and Illustration
Master of Arts Degree [M.A.]
in Studio Art
The purpose of this degree is to provide visual artists with an opportunity
to develop advanced conceptual and technical mastery in a specific area
of concentration with a biblically supported understanding of the arts.
Learning Outcomes: Graduates of the studio art program
will be able to
- articulate a distinctly Christian-traditional philosophy of art;
- analyze historical trends in artistic theory and practice;
- demonstrate advanced technical proficiency in the use of appropriate
creative media and technology in a specific area of concentration;
- demonstrate proficiency in the areas of representational drawing
and painting and visual storytelling;
- create a unique and consistent body of visual works that communicates
a clear message based on traditional design principles;
- solve complex creative problems at a professional level using advanced
processes of research, development, and execution; and
- exhibit professional skills and behaviors necessary to compete in
their chosen field of art.
Residence work may be completed in
four consecutive fall/spring semesters.
A public show must be given before
graduate work is completed.