Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree
The purpose of the nursing major is for the students to learn to apply both scriptural and scientific methods to nursing services rendered to individuals, families, and communities. The accomplishment of this dual goal encompasses biblical concepts about the relationships between God and man, man and fellow man, and man and the physical universe.
The baccalaureate degree in nursing at Pensacola Christian College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation).
Learning Outcomes: Graduates of the nursing program will be able to
- implement the nursing process and evidence-based practice;
- establish therapeutic relationships with the individual, the family, and the healthcare team;
- apply leadership skills and decision making in the provision of high-quality personalized care for all stages of the life span;
- make moral and ethical decisions based upon legal standards and biblical principles; and
- be prepared to pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).