Mr. Shawn Thayer, Chair
The visual arts department provides opportunities for students to learn how to enhance human communication through professional workmanship and the application of biblical principles in their art. With an emphasis on traditional principles of art and design, students gain knowledge and skill in both studio art and graphic design disciplines. Practical, biblically integrated programs prepare students to be Christ-honoring artists in graduate school, in the workforce, or in ministry.
Bachelor of Science Degree
Visual Arts Major
The purpose of the visual arts major is to produce Christian
artists who effectively communicate through art and design.
Learning Outcomes: Graduates of the visual arts program will be
- articulate a distinctly Christian-traditional philosophy of art;
- recognize historical trends in artistic theory and practice;
- demonstrate technical proficiency in the use of appropriate
creative media and technology in their chosen field of art
- create visual works that communicate a clear message based on
traditional design principles;
- solve creative problems in the fields of art and design using
traditional processes of research, development, and execution;
- exhibit professional skills and behaviors necessary to compete
in their chosen field of art and design.