Read more about Amy
- Hometown San Pedro Sula, Honduras
- Year graduated 2011—Undergraduate, 2013—Graduate
- Major Business Management and Marketing
- Favorite food
Mediterranean and Honduran
- Favorite place on campus Palms Grille—Coffee time!
- Hobbies/interests baking and shopping
- What attracted me to PCC price and friends
- Advice for future students Set priorities and take time to relax.
- Favorite class in college Public Relations because that’s where I met my husband.
- Most unique places I’ve traveled Roatan, Honduras
- People would be surprised to know that I… am bilingual and half Arabic/half Honduran
- Ideal/favorite vacation spot Roatan, Honduras
- Fun fact I didn’t used to like peanut butter. Now I love it.
I was born and raised in Honduras, and I have 5 siblings (4 brothers and 1 sister). I enjoy spending time with my family—we are loud, energetic, and fun! I also have two beautiful nieces. I heard about PCC from my pastor’s daughter, and I decided to attend because I wanted a Christian education.
At PCC, I enjoyed meeting new friends from all over the world and even from my own country. My favorite event at PCC was Thanksgiving Day because of the Turkey Bowl and the food. And I like soccer a lot! I also met my husband at PCC in Public Relations class. He is my soulmate and the most amazing guy! I also have a beautiful dog named Bailey; she’s a Shih Tzu and dachshund mix.
As an enrollment advisor, I look forward to helping students through the admission process and helping Spanish-speaking applicants and their families learn more about PCC. I would definitely recommend PCC to future students—you’ll have a great experience here!
Read more about Jake
- Hometown Orlando, FL
- Year graduated 2012
- Major History
- Favorite food Good ol’ fashioned homemade chicken potpie.
- Favorite Bible verse I love the entire book of Revelation.
- Hobbies/interests Surfing, rock climbing, spearfishing, aviation, cycling, hiking
- Advice for future students Get involved with campus life early on and diversify the groups of friends you hang out with—that way you can have a healthy variety of people in your sphere of influence.
- One person I would like to meet and why Charles Lindbergh—it took great courage to cross the Atlantic, and I’d like to hear about it.
- Most unique place I’ve traveled I flew a plane up to 18,000 ft. on my own. I could see both the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico at the same time. It was pretty awesome.
- Favorite PCC tradition Thanksgiving College Days…because the campus fills with lots of energy and excitement!
- Favorite quotation “If a person does not know to which port he is steering, no wind is favorable to him.” —Seneca
- Ideal/favorite vacation spot A mountain cabin in Wyoming on a small lake.
- Things I can’t live without Dunkin’ Doughnuts’ Coffee and Shoe Goo (Trust me…it’s important, just like Duck® Tape).
- Fun fact about myself I have my pilot’s license.
When seeking God’s will for a college to attend, I wanted a sound, Christian education. After visiting PCC, the exciting spirit, active campus, and—let’s be honest—the tasty, plentiful food, all attracted me. I decided to attend and never looked back.
When it came time to decide where to attend college, I was unsure where God was leading me. Through prayer and my family’s encouragement, I came to the conclusion that it was God’s will to attend a Christian college. As an A Beka homeschooler, I was open to the idea of attending PCC; when the time came to apply, I was extremely comfortable with the process and adventure of traveling away from home. With its friendly campus and incredible opportunity for spiritual growth, PCC is a great place for anybody to visit and see firsthand for themselves.
Read more about Joe
- Hometown Vallejo, CA
- Year graduated 2012
- Major Business Management
- Favorite food Filipino
- Favorite place on campus West Campus. Sailing is always a blast with friends.
- Favorite Bible verse 2 Timothy 1:7—“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”
- Hobbies/interests: Cars, basketball, and geocaching
- What attracted me to PCC I wanted to attend a college where I could pursue a bachelor’s degree while learning more about God, while at the same time I wanted to go somewhere I could afford. PCC had everything I was looking for, and I was amazed at how great of a price it was to attend each semester.
- Favorite class in college Small Business Entrepreneurship with Dr. Cirone. One day I would like to run my own business, and in this class I was able to create my own business plan and find out a lot of things necessary in order to run a business.
- Best PCC memory Waking up one Saturday morning to a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts delivered to my residence hall room and later finding out that President Shoemaker had purchased a box of doughnuts for every residence hall room on campus in part of celebrating the inauguration of our new president.
- Most unique place I’ve traveled Philippines
- People would be surprised to know that I… have cut my own hair since my freshman year in high school.
- Favorite PCC tradition Greek Rush and Christmas Lights
- Favorite quotation “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” — Michael Jordan
When I was looking for a college to attend, I wanted to go somewhere I could learn more about God and pursue a degree in the business realm, and I also wanted to find a college that I could actually afford. Through my searching and recommendations from friends, I decided to apply to PCC. I actually never visited the college before applying and being accepted. After my first semester of college, I really didn’t want to come home because I was having such a great time here. PCC has such a friendly atmosphere and such a great spirit around campus. I feel that my decision to fly out to Florida and pursue a bachelor’s degree here was one of the best decisions I’ve made in my life.
After receiving a bachelor’s degree I was able to immediately receive a job back in California and made my way up to become a manager of a well-known company. After two years I felt that God was calling me to come back to PCC to help others and give them the same opportunities I received during my time here.
Read more about Liz
- Hometown Barnet, Vermont
- Year graduated 2014
- Major Advertising/Public Relations
- Favorite food Homegrown food from my farm!
- Favorite Bible verse Psalm 119:10—“With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.”
- Favorite Hobby Photography
- Advice for future students Learn how to manage your time.
- Most unique place I’ve traveled The jungles of Peru
- Favorite quotation “If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.”—C.S. Lewis
- Ideal/favorite vacation spot Caribbean cruise
- People would be surprised to know that I grew up on a third-generation dairy farm.
- Things I can’t live without Cabot cheddar cheese
- Fun fact I went swimming with dolphins in Mexico.
For as long as I can remember, I have had a desire to attend PCC. I believe the Lord placed that desire in my heart, and I know He definitely used my college experience to grow and mature me. The most influential part of PCC for me was my roommates. I was blessed with godly, influential ladies as roommates. Many of them have become my best friends, and I am thankful the Lord placed them in my life.
Remember that college is what you make it. Always have a good attitude, accept change, and be ready to learn. The Lord will lead you here for a reason, so enjoy every minute!
Read more about Phil
- Hometown Downingtown, PA
- Year graduated 2014
- Major Youth Ministries
- Favorite food Steak and grilled salad
- Favorite Bible verse Romans 5:8—“But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
- Favorite place on campus Dale Horton Auditorium: I attended many amazing camp services in the DHA as Teen Extreme Youth Camp staff.
- Hobbies/interests Weightlifting, sailing, rock climbing, four wheeling
- Favorite Sports Football, basketball, volleyball
- What attracted me to PCC I liked the opportunities that PCC had to offer.
- Best PCC memory Meeting my wife for the first time
- Advice for future students Study hard, but make time for friends and fun.
- One person I would like to meet and why Ronald Reagan. He was one of the most influential presidents in US history.
- Favorite class in college Revelation
- I spend my free time working out and relaxing.
- Most unique place I’ve traveled New Mexico
- Favorite PCC tradition Christmas Lights Sing-Along
- Favorite quotation “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”—Albert Einstein
- Ideal/favorite vacation spot A hammock between two palm trees in Hawaii
- Things I can’t live withoutMy wife, food, sleep
When I was considering where to attend college, PCC was at the top of my list. I knew that PCC was affordable, but I was also excited about the opportunities the school could offer me. Since I had a desire to work with youth, I pursued a degree in Youth Ministries. During three of my summer breaks, I was a camp counselor for PCC’s Teen Extreme Youth Camp and made some of the best memories I have from my time as a college student. It was exciting to see teenagers accept Christ and give their lives to God! I realized that college was only part of my overall life education. The choices that I made to make a difference in others’ lives really developed who I have become.
During my years at PCC, I made lots of friends and memories. The school does an excellent job providing opportunities for students to relax and have a good time. Collegian sports and activities were a great asset to my overall college career. The guys I played collegian sports with became great friends, and the level of competition pushed me to work harder. The classes I took at PCC helped me develop the emphasis of my major while expanding my horizons to other fields as well.
After graduating from PCC, I joined the College staff, and I currently work to help potential students prepare for college. I really enjoy helping new applicants prepare for their college career, as I know the excitement and challenges they will experience as a student at PCC.
Read more about Rachael
- Hometown Pensacola, FL
- Year graduated 2009
- Major History
- Favorite food Coffee. Any kind—even black!
- Favorite place on campus The Experimental Theatre—lots of memories from Dramatic Productions!
- Favorite Bible verse Isaiah 26:3—“Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.”
- Advice for future students Always seek God’s guidance before making any decision. Give Him your dreams and desires. And don’t forget to make lots of memories.
- Favorite class in college Broom Hockey—I enjoyed it so much I wanted to take it again.
- Favorite quotation “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” Brian Littrell and Les Brown
- People would be surprised to know that I have been as far north as Quebec and as far south as the Cayman Islands.
- Fun fact I just started liking soda this year.
I grew up in Pensacola right next to PCC, so I had the opportunity to watch the ministry develop and expand. Since my parents are part of the staff and faculty, I have been able to experience many aspects of the ministry, including attending Pensacola Christian Academy from third grade on, and even had the privilege of being in two video classes for A Beka Academy.
Attending a Christian college helped me build upon the foundations that my parents and earlier experiences at PCA had helped me set. I am so thankful for the excellent education, caring professors, and valuable life lessons that I learned at PCC, as well as the definite emphasis on following the Lord’s leading for my life. I look forward to helping prospective students as they, too, follow God’s guidance in His will for them.
Read more about Rebekah
- Hometown Williamsport, Maryland
- Year graduated 2014
- Major Office Administration
- Favorite food Homemade potato bacon soup
- Favorite place on campus The Commons—it’s a great place to hang out with friends.
- Favorite Bible verse Proverbs 10:22—“The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.”
- Hobbies/interests Shopping, sports, and fishing
- One person I would like to meet and why Ruth—she was such a strong person who had to go through many difficulties, and she overcame them.
- Favorite PCC tradition Greek Rush
- Favorite quotation “Do the difficult things while they are easy, and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” —Lao Tzu
- Ideal/favorite vacation spot Anywhere there’s a beach
- Things I can’t live without My sisters, Chick-fil-A, and bacon
- Fun fact about myself I have never had a broken bone.
As a senior in high school, I didn’t know where God wanted me to attend college, but I had an opportunity to visit PCC during College Days and fell in love with the campus.
There were several factors that helped me succeed in college. God used chapel, church, and Christian Service activities to shape me and help me in my spiritual life. The faculty wanted the best out of each student and were always ready to help with any questions I had, and they took the time to make sure I understood the lesson. Since the classes were normally small, the faculty had the chance to connect with each of the students and really get to know them.
Since I come from a large family, the Work Assistance program really helped my family and me. I had the opportunity to work in the Interiors department, where I learned that everything should be done for God’s glory. Not only did I make friends with the ladies I worked with, but I also had the chance to learn valuable leadership skills.
Looking back, I can see God’s hand in leading me to PCC, where He knew I would have godly friends, caring faculty, and helpful supervisors so I could learn valuable life lessons. Now, it’s a privilege to be an enrollment advisor so I can help other young people find God’s will for their lives. I look forward to guiding you through your college admission, and I’m available to help in any way I can.
Read more about Tyler
- Hometown Janesville, IA
- Year graduated 2015
- Major Marketing
- Favorite food steak and homemade noodles
- Favorite place on campus and reason why College Field. It was great to hang out there on the weekends and win a Turkey Bowl there my junior year.
- Hobbies/interests sports, fishing, and having friends over
- What attracted me to PCC It was a good Christian college that allowed me to pursue an education in the field I wanted while also growing spiritually and developing my walk with Christ.
- Advice for future students Get involved! You only have a few years, so make the most of the short time you have.
- Favorite class in college Interpersonal Relationships. That class showed me how to handle people in a biblical way and to understand the reasons behind why people do certain things.
- I spend my free time… hanging out with friends and playing sports. I love to be around people and am always looking forward to spending time with people.
- Most unique place I've traveled Seoul, South Korea
- Favorite PCC tradition Greek Rush and Christmas Lights
- Ideal/favorite vacation spot Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri
- Fun fact about myself I have been to 46 states, including Alaska.
As a freshman coming to PCC, I was eager to learn what college life was all about. I quickly realized college was going to be about people. I met new friends, roommates, and classmates who influenced me in a positive way. The people I met here also challenged me to grow closer to God. Because of those people, I would not change anything from my time at PCC. When you come to college, remember to always put God first in life. After that, find people who will encourage you to grow closer to God. That was the most rewarding part of my college experience and helped me develop my Christian walk and be where I am today.