Students with musical talent find many enjoyable ways in which to use their abilities. Choirs and ensembles provide singing opportunities, while instrumentalists can perform with orchestra; symphonic band; and brass, woodwind, and strings ensembles. Plus, students desiring to develop their musical abilities and appreciation will find that the music faculty provide instruction in a variety of musical areas and present inspiring music recitals. View faculty piano recital.
View performance highlights from the Choral Concert includes Chamber Ensemble, Madrigal Singers, and Symphonic Choir.
Four choral groups, ranging from the 25-voice Madrigal Singers to the 150-voice College Choir, sing in a number of settings. Auditions are held at the beginning of each semester with openings for voice majors and minors, and for those who simply enjoy singing. Each choral group except College Choir performs in choral concerts each semester, and sings a wide range of selections from classical to fun children’s pieces.
- Chamber Ensemble—chorus of approximately 30 members that performs for choral concerts, Vespers, and other occasions.
- College Choir—prepares songs for presentation in Campus Church on Sunday evenings.
- Madrigal Singers—select singers that perform music from different periods in music history for Vespers, choral concerts, and other occasions.
- Symphonic Choir—group of 50–70 members that performs a variety of classical selections, as well as folk songs and spirituals. Other singing opportunities include Spirit Singers, a group of 20–25 students that performs for Student Body programs and other occasions; Barbershop Quartet and Men’s Chorus sing in various settings; and Proclaim Ministry Teams that minister through concert presentations in Bible-believing churches and Christian schools.
Those who play musical instruments can perform with orchestra; symphonic band; and brass, woodwind, and strings ensembles. Auditions are held at the beginning of each semester.
- Brass Ensemble—offers students the opportunity to perform in church services, Vespers, concerts, and other activities.
- Handbell Choir—bell choir of approximately 13 ringers that performs for Vespers, Handbell Concerts, and other occasions.
- Orchestra—plays for musical productions, classical concerts, seasonal productions, and Convocation.
- Pep Band—lively group that plays during Eagles basketball home games to help keep fans excited.
- String Ensemble—offers strings players the opportunity to sharpen their skills and perform in the Strings Concert and Vespers.
- String Quartet—premiere strings group of two violins, viola, and cello composed of both students and faculty.
- Woodwind Ensemble—performs sacred and classical music selections for various occasions.