Principals Clinic is designed to guide schools in building a foundation which ensures the best academic and spiritual results as well as growth in numbers and in quality of education. Valuable methods, materials, and experience developed for over 50 years are made available.
Dr. Arlin Horton Founder
Pensacola Christian College, Pensacola Christian Academy, A Beka Book
Dr. Beka Horton Co-founder
Dr. and Mrs. Arlin Horton, outstanding leaders in the
Christian school movement since 1954, have helped thousands
of Christian school administrators and pastors across
America by sharing practical organizational and educational
principles based on God’s Word. Their dedicated leadership
and love for educating young people have combined
to make A Beka Book America’s leading producer of
Who May Attend?
- Acting and prospective Christian school supervisors
- Those starting a Christian school
- Board members
- Office managers
- Secretaries and office personnel
- Pointers for success in administrative methods
- School construction, furnishings, and operations
- Effective PTMs and programs
- Classroom observation
- Multi-grade video classroom demonstration
First-Year Attendees Track
Second-Year Attendees Track
Third-Year Attendees Track
- Personnel procedures
- Business procedures
- Christian school philosophy
- Keys to kindergarten success
- Elementary curriculum
- Secondary curriculum (gr. 7–12)
- Practical suggestions for operating and/or starting a school
- Admission and evaluation of students
- Observations in kindergarten, elementary, and secondary
- Integrating Christian principles into academics
- Characteristics of a supervisor
- How to observe
- Helping teachers to be successful
- Qualities of an administrator and operational ideas
- Smooth beginning and ending of school year
- Elementary academics (gr. 1–2)
- Elementary academics (gr. 3–6)
- Setting up a nursery school
Secondary academics guidance
- Music curriculum
- Building school spirit through high school clubs and parties
- Patterns for high school scheduling
- Developing a library
- Cumulative records procedures
- Office procedures
- Observations in kindergarten, elementary, secondary
- How to solve common problems of new or weak teachers
- Communicating with your faculty
- Faculty-parent-supervisor relationships
Attend any sessions and visit any area of the school’s operation.
“It was a tremendous blessing for me to attend the Principals Clinic. I returned with fresh vision for our school, ready to move into our plans
for the next school year.”— Mexico
Principals Clinic tracks should be attended consecutively, since each builds upon the previous year. Valuable materials are given that
are distinctive to each year's track and available only to delegates in that track.
“The Clinic is very comprehensive with attention to many details. I especially enjoyed the practical suggestions dealing with daily
Whether you have one office worker or many, this program will provide help in many areas.
- Admissions procedures
- Best practices in business
- Effective receptionist and secretarial skills
- Equipping your office
- Handling accounts and collections
- Parent orientation procedures
- Records management and documentation retention
- Tips for a smooth beginning and end of the year
Pensacola Christian Academy
has a rich heritage of over 57 years in Christian education. Over that time, through the vision of Dr. and Mrs. Arlin Horton, we have developed tried
and true methods for successfully operating a vibrant Christian school ministry.
Principals Clinic is designed to inspire principals, administrators, and pastors to greater servant-leadership and effectiveness, while offering in-depth
solutions for common administrative procedures. Our skilled, professional staff will share invaluable knowledge and proven techniques so you'll be thoroughly
prepared in a variety of key topics. And the Office Management track for secretaries and office staff will greatly benefit your personnel.
Make plans early to attend! We would count it a privilege to help you build a more effective Christian school ministry for the Lord.
Dr. Troy Shoemaker, Ed.D.
per delegate (postmarked by
at the Clinic or if postmarked after
Fee includes special materials, meals (Monday dinner through
Wednesday lunch), and coffee breaks. Refunds on fees are given for
those who cancel reservations by phone at least one week prior to the Clinic.
or mail your
and registration fee (checks payable to Pensacola Christian College) to:
Pensacola Christian College
P.O. Box 18000
Pensacola, FL 32523–9160
- Please note that the appropriate registration fee for each delegate must accompany application.
- Registration fees are refunded up to one week prior to the Clinic.
- REMEMBER: Advanced registration fees of $70 per delegate must be postmarked by March 25.
- Registrations postmarked after March 25 or received at the Clinic will be $75.
Reservations are limited. It is suggested that you send in your application at least one month prior to the Clinic. Please mail early.
Do not make nonrefundable airline reservations until Clinic reservations have been confirmed by mail.
2013 Oct. 7–8
Graduate School Sessions
2013 Jun. 16–Aug. 2
The Graduate Studies program at PCC offers over 20 areas of study, including education, arts, business, music, and nursing.
Summer Programs in Education
(Core courses also available year-round—15 months
to complete course work)
Graduate Correspondence and Distance Learning
Earn up to one third of your Graduate School or Seminary credits without leaving your ministry.
Pensacola Theological Seminary
Pensacola Theological Seminary prepares servant-leaders for full-time Christian work, offering modular classes and correspondence and distance-learning courses.
- Two CEUs (continuing education units) may be earned through attendance.
Women delegates are asked to dress modestly and not to wear short skirts or slacks to the sessions. We regret that we have no baby-sitting facilities
for babies or children.
Prospective college students (juniors and seniors) are welcome to visit Pensacola Christian College during the Clinic. Prior arrangements should be made
- Recording devices are not permitted.
“I enjoyed the Clinic and was very impressed with the curriculum. Since that time, we have decided to go ahead and start a small Christian
For questions/Clinic information Phone (850) 478-8496, Ext. 2828 E–mail email@example.com
Pensacola Christian Academy enrolls over 2,000 students yearly. We share our secrets with you.