History of PCC
Pensacola Christian College was an idea that came from God. This idea became a reality in 1974 when 100 students arrived at PCC’s one building. Thirty-nine years later, students now represent every state and approximately 65 foreign countries. PCC offers a wide variety of programs in some of the finest college facilities in America. Although PCC has grown, excellence in education and commitment to the Lord remain the core of the College’s balanced program.
Pensacola Theological Seminary was founded in 1998 when PCC saw the need to expand its practical, Bible-centered approach to ministerial training. The goal of the Seminary is to fill each student’s mind and heart with what the Bible says. The purpose of the Seminary is to prepare servant-leaders to share the gospel boldly, preach the Word clearly, and shepherd the flock faithfully.
Affiliates of PCC
- Pensacola Christian Academy is one of the largest independent schools of its kind in the nation. PCA operates from a single 240,000-square-foot complex that houses grades K–12.
- A Beka Book produces daily curriculums and more than 900 character-building textbooks and teaching materials with more added each year. More than 10,000 Christian schools across America use A Beka Book textbooks.
- A Beka Academy Video Streaming or DVD enrolls more than 40,000 homeschoolers annually. More than 10,000 students in Christian schools across the nation receive instruction from the master teachers of Pensacola Christian Academy via video.
- Joyful Life Sunday school materials are now used by hundreds of churches for their toddler, 2s and 3s, beginner, primary, middler, junior, youth, and adult classes.
- Rejoice Music provides quality, God-honoring Christian music for churches, schools, and families, meeting the needs of choirs, quartets, trios, duets, and soloists.
Ministries of PCC
- Rejoice Broadcast Network, from flagship radio station WPCS (89.5 FM), broadcasts all-Christian radio to nearly two million Upper Gulf Coast residents. KPCS (89.7 FM) also broadcasts across Minneapolis/St. Paul. Combined with 38 satellator stations in cities across America and streaming on the Internet at Rejoice.org, Rejoice Radio now reaches an untold number of listeners. Completely automated Rejoice Radio operates 24 hours a day, carries no commercials, and is supported entirely by listener gifts.
- Rejoice in the Lord, the weekly national telecast of the Campus Church services is streamed on the Internet at RejoiceTV.org and features heartwarming Bible messages on television stations across the nation.
Clinics and Seminars
Held annually for more than 1,400 delegates, giving practical helps for their Christian schools.
- Summer Seminar provides faculty and administrators in-depth orientation into operating a Christian school.
- Teachers Clinic allows visiting teachers to observe the Pensacola Christian Academy classrooms.
- Principals Clinic offers valuable materials, methods, and principles for operating a Christian school on a strong, Christ-centered foundation.