Dual Enrollment

You can attend Pensacola Christian College as a freshman while satisfying senior-year high school graduation requirements at the same time. You’ll graduate with a Pensacola Christian Academy high school diploma and earn dual credits that apply toward PCC degree requirements.

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the Dual Enrollment requirements?

  • Must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident
  • Complete the 11th grade with the equivalent of 18 high school credits, including Geometry (1 credit).
  • Earn a minimum high school GPA of 3.0 (B) and one of the following:
    ACT composite—21 or SAT total—1080 or CLT total—70.
  • Apply and be accepted as a full-time PCC residence hall student.
  • Maintain a GPA of 2.0 (C) in your PCC Dual Enrollment classes.

Dual Enrollment is a limited-enrollment program and may not fit the educational needs of all students. To ensure the desired major can be completed in four years, contact the Admissions Office prior to beginning the junior year of high school to determine what high school degree requirements should be completed prior to attending PCC Dual Enrollment is not available to students within 30 miles of Pensacola.

Will I receive a high school diploma?

Yes. Your high school diploma will be granted by Pensacola Christian Academy, accredited by the Florida Association of Christian Colleges and Schools.

Will I march in a graduation ceremony?

Yes. You’ll have the opportunity to participate in a traditional high school graduation ceremony on the PCC campus.

Is Dual Enrollment expensive?

No. For the same affordable tuition, room and board as PCC students, you earn both high school and college credits. Scholarships are available, and you may also be eligible for financial aid.

How are Dual Enrollment students classified at PCC?

You will be classified as a nondegree-seeking student while fulfilling high school graduation requirements at PCC. Upon graduating from PCA, your classification will change to degree-seeking college student. With careful planning, you could start college as a sophomore at PCC!!

Will my Dual Enrollment classes be reported on an official transcript and apply to a PCC degree?

Yes. PCA will report Dual Enrollment classes on an official high school transcript, and PCC will report classes on an official college transcript. These college credits become part of your academic record at PCC. Some Dual Enrollment classes taken to satisfy high school graduation requirements may not be required for your chosen college degree. An advisor will work with you to take full advantage of your Dual Enrollment classes.

What PCC classes can I take as a Dual Enrollment student?

Many first- or second-year college classes are available for Dual Enrollment; however, they must satisfy high school graduation requirements. At the college level, you should expect a challenging academic environment. For this reason, you may be limited in the college credit hours taken. Approximately 30 college credit hours can be taken in a school year. Upon evaluating your high school transcript, an advisor will work with you on a personalized plan of study.

Sample Dual Enrollment Schedule

Fall Semester PCC PCA
BI 101 New Testament Survey 2 .5
CH 111 General Chemistry I 4 1
EN 121 English Grammar & Composition 3 1
HI 101 History of Civilization 3 .5
SP 101 Fundamentals of Speech 3 .5
Total Fall Credits 15 3.5
Spring Semester PCC PCA
BI 102 New Testament Survey 2 .5
EN 126 English Grammar & Composition 3 1
HI 102 History of Civilization 3 .5
SP 102 Fundamentals of Speech 3 .5
MA 125 Mathematics for Liberal Arts 3 1
Total Spring Credits 14 3.5
Total College Credits 29, Total High School Credits 7

Application Checklist

Complete Application for Admission before July 1. Choose “Dual Enrollment” in the Admission Information section and include payment for the Application Fee.

Request your high school to send a copy of your transcript to PCC Director of Admissions before July 1.

Submit three reference forms (one academic and two general).

Have your ACT, SAT, or CLT scores sent to PCC Director of Admissions as soon as possible. This can be done automatically by specifying PCC college ACT number 0707 or SAT number 5970 or if you choose PCC from the list of CLT colleges when you register for the tests.

Complete the Medical Form.

That’s it! You’re on your way to having a great college education.