Meet Your Enrollment Advisor
- Elisabeth Justus
- Jake Kaiser
- Janelle Parks
- Jason Young
- Jeremy Ruffin
- Karla Stampfler
- Pete Vaught
- Rachael Northrop
- Tyler Boring
- Tyler Scott
Read more about Elisabeth
- Hometown Shubenacadie, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Year graduated 2011
- Major Sport Management
- Favorite food Boneless BBQ Wings
- Favorite place on campus The Sports Center—where I spent most of my time either working or in basketball practice/games
- Favorite Bible verse II Timothy 4:7—“I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith.”
- Advice for future students Get involved in as much as you can. Sports was my thing, so I started in collegian sports where I got to meet a lot of great people, and then I made the Lady Eagles basketball team where I met even more great friends. Just have a fun college life; studies are important, but you need time to hang out with friends and enjoy all that the PCC campus has to offer.
- Favorite class in college Minor Sports
- Favorite quotation “I can accept failure; everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.”—Michael Jordan
- People would be surprised to know that I grew up on a farm.
- Fun fact I am ambidextrous. I write with my right hand, but I do everything else with my left hand.
As a senior in high school, I knew what I wanted to be. I planned to attend one year at PCC and then attend a secular college to become a paramedic. That was my plan. God worked in my heart that entire year and showed me His plan through a basketball team. In fact, when PCC started the first Lady Eagles Basketball team, I tried out. Through the Lady Eagles, godly coaches, and faculty; I was challenged and grew both academically, physically, and spiritually. At times I was overwhelmed with juggling classes, work, and basketball; but each time, God helped me. I can’t imagine where I would be without the Christian atmosphere and godly examples here. (I also found my husband at PCC!)
Along with the amazing opportunity to help young people as an enrollment advisor, I have the privilege of coaching high school volleyball and basketball. My desire is to influence lives in the same way my coaches have influenced my life. I look forward to working with incoming student who are beginning the same journey as I did just a few years ago.
Read more about Jake
- Hometown Orlando, FL
- Year graduated 2012
- Major History
- Favorite food Good ol’ fashioned homemade chicken potpie.
- Favorite Bible verse I love the entire book of Revelation.
- Hobbies/interests Surfing, rock climbing, spearfishing, aviation, cycling, hiking
- Advice for future students Get involved with campus life early on and diversify the groups of friends you hang out with—that way you can have a healthy variety of people in your sphere of influence.
- One person I would like to meet and why Charles Lindbergh—it took great courage to cross the Atlantic, and I’d like to hear about it.
- Most unique place I’ve traveled I flew a plane up to 18,000 ft. on my own. I could see both the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico at the same time. It was pretty awesome.
- Favorite PCC tradition Thanksgiving College Days…because the campus fills with lots of energy and excitement!
- Favorite quotation “If a person does not know to which port he is steering, no wind is favorable to him.” —Seneca
- Ideal/favorite vacation spot A mountain cabin in Wyoming on a small lake.
- Things I can’t live without Dunkin’ Doughnuts’ Coffee and Shoe Goo (Trust me…it’s important, just like Duck® Tape).
- Fun fact about myself I have my pilot’s license.
When seeking God’s will for a college to attend, I wanted a sound, Christian education. After visiting PCC, the exciting spirit, active campus, and—let’s be honest—the tasty, plentiful food, all attracted me. I decided to attend and never looked back.
When it came time to decide where to attend college, I was unsure where God was leading me. Through prayer and my family’s encouragement, I came to the conclusion that it was God’s will to attend a Christian college. As an A Beka homeschooler, I was open to the idea of attending PCC; when the time came to apply, I was extremely comfortable with the process and adventure of traveling away from home. With its friendly campus and incredible opportunity for spiritual growth, PCC is a great place for anybody to visit and see firsthand for themselves.
Read more about Janelle
- Hometown Pensacola, FL
- Year graduated 2013
- Major Sport Management
- Favorite food I like everything…EXCEPT fish!
- Favorite place on campus The Sports Center I love playing sports and working out.
- Favorite Bible verse Phil. 3:10—“That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death.”
- What attracted me to PCC Knowing that I could graduate from college debt free was a huge attraction. PCC offers an affordable education that will thoroughly prepare you for any ministry God calls you to.
- Advice for future students Break out of the shell and get to know others! Get involved in your collegian, go to the Sports Center with friends, and get to know the other kids in your classes. There are so many memories and friends that I have from my years at college.
- Best PCC memory Midnight Missions Run 2013. Gathering together as a student body and raising over 30,000 dollars to give to two missionaries. Hearing the conversation that went on between the student body president and the missionaries was the coolest thing, and then knowing that I had a small part of being a huge blessing to missionaries.
- Most unique place I’ve traveled Geneva, Switzerland—the French Alps are on one side of the city and the Swiss Alps are on the other side…absolutely gorgeous!
- Favorite quotation “When God becomes your all in all, you realize He’s all you need.”
- Ideal/favorite vacation spot Anywhere in the mountains…Alaska, Colorado, Utah, Montana.
- Fun fact about myself I started snow skiing when I was 2 ½ years old.
Coming to Pensacola Christian College was one of the best decisions I have ever made! PCC’s high academic standards and Christ-centered teaching have fully prepared me for any future ministry. Because of the well-rounded education I received, I can go confidently into any ministry or job.
The highlight of my college experience was chapel. Whether it was our Bible faculty, a guest speaker, a missionary, or Pastor McBride, God used every service to grow and to mature me spiritually. Another highlight of my college experience was the friends! I have so many friends that are all over the world because of coming to school here! God used these friends to challenge me, to encourage me, and to develop me into a much better person.
Choosing a college is a big decision, but when you let go and let God take control, you will find that He will always outdo everything you had planned! You will never be sorry you surrendered to God. He will take you higher than you’ve ever been, stretch you further than you think you can go, and deepen the love that you have for Him!
Read more about Jason
- Hometown Fairfax, VA
- Year graduated 2007
- Major Undergraduate: Pastoral Ministries; Graduate: Master of Divinity
- Favorite food Steak and Hispanic (Honduran) food
- Favorite place on campus Sports Center Annex—I enjoy sports and love the feeling of accomplishment after climbing the rock wall.
- Favorite Bible verse Psalm 34:8—“O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him” and Isaiah 61:1—“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound.”
- Advice for future students Pray, pray, pray. If you know that this is where the Lord wants you and you come in with the right attitude, this will be some of the best years of your life.
- Most unique place I’ve traveled Krasnoyarsk, Siberia (Russia)
- Favorite PCC tradition Christmas Lights, Bible Conference, Enrichment Conference
- Favorite class in college Hebrew History
- Favorite quotation “I decided to quit telling God how big my problems are and start telling my problems how big my God is.”—Dr. Kenny Baldwin
- Fun fact I had Pentagon security clearance while I was in college and went into Donald Rumsfeld’s office. Also, I accidentally walked across the set of a TV show while it was being filmed outside the Capitol Building in Washington, DC.
During my senior year of high school, the Lord made it clear that He wanted me to attend PCC. I knew He wanted me in a Christian college where I could prepare for the ministry He called me to. My freshman year was the first time I ever stepped on campus, and my first thought was, “This place is huge!” Any fears I had were quickly put to rest once I saw how friendly and helpful the students, faculty, and staff were.
My time as a college student was amazing. I made many friends and had many opportunities to serve the Lord. Participating in Christian service activities like Bible clubs and door–to–door visitation on the weekends was always a blessing. It was an opportunity to see God work in the lives of young children, as well as in my life. Other highlights of college were my opportunities to serve as a floor leader for one year and as a local church intern for two years.
After graduating from PCC, the Lord led me to pursue a Master’s degree from Pensacola Theological Seminary. During those years, I met my wife through a mutual friend. Now I am excited to be helping high school students as they consider PCC and determine God’s will for their lives.
Read more about Jeremy
- Hometown Pensacola, FL
- Year graduated 2012
- Major Undergraduate: Sport Management; Graduate: Educational Leadership
- Favorite food Soul food
- Favorite place on campus Sports Center Arena. It is my favorite place because the gym gets extremely loud during games, and as an assistant coach, I spend a lot of time with our players practicing and working hard.
- Favorite Bible verse Proverbs 3:5–7—“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.”
- Advice for future students Choose a major that you enjoy and that you can have a ministry in.
- Most unique place I’ve traveled The Philippines on missions trips
- Favorite PCC tradition Greek Rush!
- Favorite class in college Interpersonal Relationships and Minor Sports
- Favorite quotation “Material possessions, winning scores, and great reputations are meaningless in the eyes of the Lord, because He knows what we really are and that is all that matters.”—John Wooden
- Fun factI've played the piano since I was 6 and the organ since middle school.
The Lord directed me to PCC after being at Pensacola Christian Academy from K4–12th grade. After I declared my major in sport management, the Lord put me in several positions that furthered my education and gave me experience in my undergraduate degree. I was able to do such things as work as a counselor in Basketball Camp and Teen Extreme Youth Camp, and also to see souls saved in both of these camps.
After graduation, the Lord led me to start on my master’s degree in educational leadership. While earning this degree, the Lord allowed me to work as the assistant men’s basketball coach, as the academic dean’s secretary, and as the residence manager of one of the men's residence halls.
If you give your life to the Lord, He will give you the desires of your heart. I have thoroughly enjoyed working and serving the Lord. I look forward to working with prospective students as an enrollment advisor and seeing where the Lord will lead me in my next steps in life.
Read more about Karla
- Hometown Hastings, MI
- Year graduated 2011—Undergraduate, 2013—Graduate
- Major Undergraduate: Youth Ministries; Graduate: Educational Leadership
- Favorite food Chick-Fil-A
- Favorite place on campus Sports Center—I love playing volleyball and using the athletic facilities.
- Favorite Bible verse Psalm 37:4—“Delight thyself also in the Lord and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.”
- Advice for future students Be involved in as much as you can and keep a positive attitude. Your attitude will make or break your college experience. The choice is yours!
- Most unique place I’ve traveled The island of Roatan (Honduras)
- Favorite PCC tradition Christmas Lights Sing-Along
- Favorite class in college Undergraduate: Hebrews and James; Graduate: Principles of Instruction and Methods
- Hobbies/interests Sports and shopping
- Fun fact I started working at Dairy Queen when I was 11 years old (my parents owned it). My five siblings and I got to eat all the ice cream we wanted and learned to master the signature “twirl” on the top of an ice cream cone.
I attended a Christian school K–12th grade, and my school and church often had PCC representatives and Proclaim Ministry Teams come for chapel/church services. This is how I was first introduced to PCC. However, my three older sisters attended PCC before me, so I learned even more about the college. My parents and I were impressed with PCC in many ways, especially the low cost—my parents had four of us in college at the same time! I was blessed to be a part of the work assistance program at PCC throughout all four years of college. This helped me to graduate debt free!
Through classes, Christian service, collegian sports, work on campus, chapel, church services, and other opportunities, I was able to gain knowledge and learn lessons that apply to every area of life. Throughout my time at PCC, I also met lifelong friends from all over the world. I am so thankful for the tremendous influence that PCC has had on my life.
Read more about Pete
- Hometown Bowling Green, KY
- Year graduated 2013
- Major General Bible Studies
- Favorite class in college All of the Bible classes were amazing, but my favorite would probably be Genesis.
- Favorite food My Chili
- Favorite place on campus Field House It’s a fun place to play basketball and work out with friends.
- Favorite Bible verse Ps 27:1—“The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?”
- Advice for future students Have fun but work hard your first couple of years to get ahead.
- Most unique place I’ve traveled Mexico
- I can’t live without My wife and food.
- People would be surprised to know that I can cut guys' hair really well.
- Favorite quotation “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”—Edmund Burke
- Fun fact I love sweet tea!
As I was finishing high school, the Lord led me to continue my education at Pensacola Christian College. When I first arrived at PCC, the Lord blessed me with amazing roommates who were there to help me with any question I had. If I had not had such willing and godly roommates, my transition to PCC would have been harder.
My time at PCC allowed me to meet some of my closest friends. The Bible speaks a lot about having good friends, and PCC is a great place to find them. Looking back on my time at PCC, God used the fellow students to help mold me into what He wanted. I am so thankful that I followed His will and attended Pensacola Christian College.
Read more about Rachael
- Hometown Pensacola, FL
- Year graduated 2009
- Major History
- Favorite food Coffee. Any kind—even black!
- Favorite place on campus The Experimental Theatre—lots of memories from Dramatic Productions!
- Favorite Bible verse Isaiah 26:3—“Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.”
- Advice for future students Always seek God’s guidance before making any decision. Give Him your dreams and desires. And don’t forget to make lots of memories.
- Favorite class in college Broom Hockey—I enjoyed it so much I wanted to take it again.
- Favorite quotation “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” Brian Littrell and Les Brown
- People would be surprised to know that I have been as far north as Quebec and as far south as the Cayman Islands.
- Fun fact I just started liking soda this year.
I grew up in Pensacola right next to PCC, so I had the opportunity to watch the ministry develop and expand. Since my parents are part of the staff and faculty, I have been able to experience many aspects of the ministry, including attending Pensacola Christian Academy from third grade on, and even had the privilege of being in two video classes for A Beka Academy.
Attending a Christian college helped me build upon the foundations that my parents and earlier experiences at PCA had helped me set. I am so thankful for the excellent education, caring professors, and valuable life lessons that I learned at PCC, as well as the definite emphasis on following the Lord’s leading for my life. I look forward to helping prospective students as they, too, follow God’s guidance in His will for them.
Read more about Tyler
- Hometown Zebulon, North Carolina
- Year graduated 2013
- Major Youth Ministries
- Favorite food Ice cream (plain old vanilla—possibly Rocky Road—but NEVER chocolate)
- Favorite place on campus The rock wall was a regular for my wife and me during college. We spent a great deal of time getting to know each other while climbing the rock wall.
- What attracted me to PCC I appreciated the wide variety of activities to get involved in—from sports to music to people to food, all in a great Christian environment!
- Favorite Bible verse Proverbs 3:5–6—“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.”
- Advice for future students Follow the Lord’s will the first time. It just makes everything easier.
- One person I would like to meet and why I would love to meet Joseph simply because of his great character in God’s Word.
- Best PCC memory Meeting my wife for the first time
- People would be surprised to know that I have always played sports, but have never cared to watch them. (I’ve never even watched the Super Bowl—occasionally the Olympics…) The only sporting event that I ever watch is the World Cup every 4 years.
- Ideal/favorite vacation spot The mountains of East Tennessee
- I can’t live without My family, fried chicken, and sweet tea
- Fun fact I have played the trumpet for 10 years.
From an early age I knew exactly where God wanted me to go to college. We often had Christian college representative groups come to my Christian school, and PCC always caught my eye. Christian college was strongly encouraged in my school, so making the choice to go to a Christian college was very natural.
For me, the difficult part was knowing what to do with my life. I wanted to do a dozen totally different things. Architecture, aviation, computer science, and the military were just a few of my options. It wasn’t until after my senior year on a missions trip that I finally surrendered my life to whatever the Lord had in mind. I knew He was calling me into the ministry.
From that moment on, I have never looked back. At PCC, I learned so much that I will be able to use in ministry. In addition to the academics, I met my wife in college, along with a great number of friends who were also interested in serving God with their lives. I know I would not be the person I am today if God had not led me to PCC.
Read more about Tyler
- Hometown Flint, Michigan
- Year graduated 2013
- Major Youth Ministries
- Favorite food Chicken Parmesan
- Favorite place on campus The Sports Center, where I had the privilege of playing for the Eagles basketball team for four years.
- What attracted me to PCC The great Christian atmosphere of the campus along with the centered focus on the Word of God. Also, the athletic program at PCC was one that focused not only on physical athletic improvement but also on spiritual improvement.
- Favorite Bible verse Jude 22—“And of some have compassion making a difference.”
- Advice for future students Strive to make a difference for Christ in every aspect of life while at college and when you go on from PCC.
- Favorite class in college Genesis
- Best PCC memory This 2012/2013 season when our basketball team defeated Southern Poly Tech. at home in overtime. (Southern Poly Tech. was ranked in the top 25 in the NAIA official standings at the time.)
- People would be surprised to know I have dislocated my patella two times and as a result had orthoscopic knee surgery.
- Hobbies/interests Sports, in general, the beach, and current events
- Favorite quotation “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”—John Wooden
My attendance at Pensacola Christian College was a result of God’s divine providence. As I was finishing high school, my desire was to accept one of the several scholarship opportunities I was offered to play basketball. At that point in my life, I was not fully surrendered to what the Lord had for me. I remember a moment prior to my senior year when I felt the call to become a youth pastor. I knew that if I were to accept one of the basketball scholarships, the Lord would not bless my life to the fullest. It was in late July, following graduation from high school, that I applied to Pensacola Christian College and was accepted in August. It was at that point in my life that I gave God full control to allow Him to do what He wanted to do with me.
My time at PCC was one of spiritual growth. I enjoyed chapel, my roommates, the coaching staff, my basketball teammates, and so much more. Outside of salvation and choosing a spouse in the future, my choice in coming to PCC was one of the best and most important decisions in my life.
One of the greatest things to do as a young person searching for God’s will is to truly surrender every area of your life to Christ. I know that made all the difference in my life. As a result, the Lord has richly blessed me beyond compare.