Meet Your Enrollment Advisor
Read more about Cate
- Hometown San Antonio, TX
- Year graduated 2010
- Major Medical Office Administration
- Favorite food Asian food
- Favorite place on campus The Dale Horton Auditorium, because I love participating in the various Fine Arts productions.
- Favorite Bible verse Isaiah 41:10, 13—“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness… For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.”
- What attracted me to PCC The friendliness of the campus and the chance to get a great education in a Christian environment
- Advice for future students Get involved in the college activities right away.
- Most unique place I’ve traveled The “Hundred Islands” in the Philippines
- Favorite quotation “Being happy doesn’t mean everything is perfect. It means you have decided to see beyond the imperfections.”
- Fun fact I can speak 2 languages: English and Tagalog (Filipino language).
When I was in the fourth grade, a Proclaim Ministry Team came to church, and I fell in love with the college. At the time, I didn’t know what I wanted to do when I grew up but knew for sure that I wanted to attend PCC. With the help and encouragement of my parents, I came in the fall of 2006—having never been away from my family. It was a little intimidating to leave home behind, but the faculty, staff, and students were so kind and friendly. I felt very welcomed.
I’ve enjoyed so many opportunities at college—expanding my academics, traveling with Proclaim, performing in stage productions, and making lifelong friends. As an enrollment advisor, I look forward to offering the same support I received to incoming students taking this next step in life.
Read more about Drew
- Hometown Centreville, VA
- Year graduated 2010
- Major Commercial Writing
- Favorite food Grilled cheese
- Favorite place on campus West Campus, because I can enjoy the great outdoors and being on the water
- Favorite Bible verse Psalm 34:8—“O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.”
- Hobbies/interests Guitar, Bible memory, reading, playing (not watching!) sports, and potluck dinners with my friends
- Advice for future students Always put the Lord and others first because we often think we know everything when we have so much yet to learn.
- Most unique place I’ve traveled Skiing in the French Alps beneath the towering, snow-capped peak of Mont Blanc
- People would be surprised to know that I can bake a mean batch of banana raisin bread.
When seeking God’s will for a college to attend, I wanted a sound, Christian education. After visiting PCC, the exciting spirit, active campus, and—let’s be honest—the tasty, plentiful food, all attracted me. I decided to attend and never looked back.
Four years spent earning my degree in Commercial Writing were exciting and rewarding. Because of the Christian atmosphere and constant exposure to God’s Word, I learned so much more than you will ever find in a textbook. I met lifelong friends, learned how to serve God and others, and built on the skills and character that I need to succeed.
I’m thankful to be an enrollment advisor at PCC. Because Christian education has helped me grow so much, I enjoy helping others discover the great opportunities and thrilling challenges awaiting at PCC.
Read more about Jason
- Hometown Fairfax, VA
- Year graduated 2007
- Major Undergraduate: Pastoral Ministries; Graduate: Master of Divinity
- Favorite food Steak and Hispanic (Honduran) food
- Favorite place on campus Sports Center Annex—I enjoy sports and love the feeling of accomplishment after climbing the rock wall.
- Favorite Bible verse Psalm 34:8—“O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him” and Isaiah 61:1—“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound.”
- Advice for future students Pray, pray, pray. If you know that this is where the Lord wants you and you come in with the right attitude, this will be some of the best years of your life.
- Most unique place I’ve traveled Krasnoyarsk, Siberia (Russia)
- Favorite PCC tradition Christmas Lights, Bible Conference, Enrichment Conference
- Favorite class in college Hebrew History
- Favorite quotation “I decided to quit telling God how big my problems are and start telling my problems how big my God is.”—Dr. Kenny Baldwin
- Fun fact I had Pentagon security clearance while I was in college and went into Donald Rumsfeld’s office. Also, I accidentally walked across the set of a TV show while it was being filmed outside the Capitol Building in Washington, DC.
During my senior year of high school, the Lord made it clear that He wanted me to attend PCC. I knew He wanted me in a Christian college where I could prepare for the ministry He called me to. My freshman year was the first time I ever stepped on campus, and my first thought was, “This place is huge!” Any fears I had were quickly put to rest once I saw how friendly and helpful the students, faculty, and staff were.
My time as a college student was amazing. I made many friends and had many opportunities to serve the Lord. Participating in Christian service activities like Bible clubs and door–to–door visitation on the weekends was always a blessing. It was an opportunity to see God work in the lives of young children, as well as in my life. Other highlights of college were my opportunities to serve as a floor leader for one year and as a local church intern for two years.
After graduating from PCC, the Lord led me to pursue a Master’s degree from Pensacola Theological Seminary. During those years, I met my wife through a mutual friend. Now I am excited to be helping high school students as they consider PCC and determine God’s will for their lives.
Read more about Jeremy
- Hometown Pensacola, FL
- Year graduated 2012
- Major Undergraduate: Sport Management; Graduate: Educational Leadership
- Favorite food Soul food
- Favorite place on campus Sports Center Arena. It is my favorite place because the gym gets extremely loud during games, and as an assistant coach, I spend a lot of time with our players practicing and working hard.
- Favorite Bible verse Proverbs 3:5–7—“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.”
- Advice for future students Choose a major that you enjoy and that you can have a ministry in.
- Most unique place I’ve traveled The Philippines on missions trips
- Favorite PCC tradition Greek Rush!
- Favorite class in college Interpersonal Relationships and Minor Sports
- Favorite quotation “Material possessions, winning scores, and great reputations are meaningless in the eyes of the Lord, because He knows what we really are and that is all that matters.”—John Wooden
- Fun factI've played the piano since I was 6 and the organ since middle school.
The Lord directed me to PCC after being at Pensacola Christian Academy from K4–12th grade. After I declared my major in sport management, the Lord put me in several positions that furthered my education and gave me experience in my undergraduate degree. I was able to do such things as work as a counselor in Basketball Camp and Teen Extreme Youth Camp, and also to see souls saved in both of these camps.
After graduation, the Lord led me to start on my master’s degree in educational leadership. While earning this degree, the Lord allowed me to work as the assistant men’s basketball coach, as the academic dean’s secretary, and as the residence manager of one of the men's residence halls.
If you give your life to the Lord, He will give you the desires of your heart. I have thoroughly enjoyed working and serving the Lord. I look forward to working with prospective students as an enrollment advisor and seeing where the Lord will lead me in my next steps in life.
Read more about Kyle
- Hometown Grand Blanc, MI
- Year graduated 2011
- Major Advertising/Public Relations
- Favorite food Fresh fish
- Favorite place on campus College Field at night—because there is nothing like a nighttime soccer game under the lights
- Favorite Bible verse Proverbs 16:9—“A man’s heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps.”
- Hobbies/interests Guitar, graphic design, drawing, surfing, running, mountain biking, swimming
- Advice for future students If you apply yourself, you can accomplish anything.
- Most unique place I’ve traveled Paradise—located in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
- Favorite book Anything with more pictures than words
As a senior in high school, I don’t think my brain had fully matured, so college was the last thing on my mind! When the time finally came to decide where I wanted to go, I made the smartest decision of my life: I listened to my mother. From the day I first stepped into the residence hall lobby to the day I marched across the stage and received my diploma, the time was a whirlwind of exciting opportunities and new adventures. The education was top-notch, and the friendships I made will last a lifetime.
If there’s one thing that I’ve learned, it’s that you never stop learning. I am constantly humbled and amazed that the Creator of the universe is interested in my life. The fact that He actually cares about me and where I am going fills me with deep adoration and nervous anticipation. College is a big step, and I want to help make your transition as smooth as possible. God has a plan for you just as He has a plan for me, and I am excited about the opportunity to have a part in His master plan for your life.
Read more about Regina
- Hometown Montgomery, AL
- Year graduated 2010
- Major Medical Office Administration
- Favorite food Macaroni and cheese
- Favorite Bible verse Hebrews 13:8—“Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.”
- Hobbies/interests Reading and cooking
- Advice for future students Enjoy every moment of your college experience; don’t wish it away.
- Favorite class in college Dynamics of Human Behavior
- People would be surprised to know that I have 19 aunts and uncles.
- Favorite quotation “Seize the day.”
- Fun fact I enjoy jet skiing and inner tubing.
When I was in high school, I had no idea where to attend college. After much prayer, the Lord led me to attend PCC. My college experience at PCC was by far the most exciting time of my life. I thoroughly enjoyed classes, chapel, Eagles sporting events, and even rock climbing!
Business faculty at PCC made everyday classes exciting. My teachers’ experience and knowledge of industry terminology, transcription, and medical coding equipped me for a variety of office settings. As an enrollment advisor, I look forward to giving prospective students the same kindness and dedication my instructors gave me.
Read more about Rachael
- Hometown Pensacola, FL
- Year graduated 2009
- Major History
- Favorite food Coffee. Any kind—even black!
- Favorite place on campus The Experimental Theatre—lots of memories from Dramatic Productions!
- Favorite Bible verse Isaiah 26:3—“Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.”
- Advice for future students Always seek God’s guidance before making any decision. Give Him your dreams and desires. And don’t forget to make lots of memories.
- Favorite class in college Broom Hockey—I enjoyed it so much I wanted to take it again.
- Favorite quotation “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” Brian Littrell and Les Brown
- People would be surprised to know that I have been as far north as Quebec and as far south as the Cayman Islands.
- Fun fact I just started liking soda this year.
I grew up in Pensacola right next to PCC, so I had the opportunity to watch the ministry develop and expand. Since my parents are part of the staff and faculty, I have been able to experience many aspects of the ministry, including attending Pensacola Christian Academy from third grade on, and even had the privilege of being in two video classes for A Beka Academy.
Attending a Christian college helped me build upon the foundations that my parents and earlier experiences at PCA had helped me set. I am so thankful for the excellent education, caring professors, and valuable life lessons that I learned at PCC, as well as the definite emphasis on following the Lord’s leading for my life. I look forward to helping prospective students as they, too, follow God’s guidance in His will for them.