All graduation requirements must be completed prior to participation in Commencement. If a student has completed the graduation requirements and is on campus, he must participate in Commencement.
- Earn a 3.00 grade point average (on a 4.00 scale) at Pensacola Christian College and receive at least a “C” in all courses. (Graduate students may repeat up to two courses with a grade of “C” or above to improve their grade point average. With approval of the Graduate Committee, a student lacking grade points may take additional courses to make up the grade-point deficiency.)
- Complete residency requirements at Pensacola Christian College. (See specific programs of study.)
- Complete a Petition for Graduation form in the Records Office no later than registration for the first class of the summer of anticipated graduation or by the end of the drop/add period of the fall or spring semester of anticipated graduation. (Graduation fees are assessed based on stated anticipated graduation date.)
- Settle all financial obligations to the College.
In addition to the general requirements above, the following items are also required:
Doctor of Education Degree
- Complete at least 60 credit hours beyond master’s degree or 90 credit hours beyond bachelor’s degree including all courses required for this program and doctoral research.
- Successfully complete written and oral comprehensive examinations.
- Successfully complete, defend, and present an acceptable dissertation.
Education Specialist Degree
- Complete at least 36 credit hours beyond master’s degree or 66 hours beyond bachelor’s degree including all courses required for this program.
- Successfully complete Education Specialist comprehensive examination.
- Complete at least 30 credit hours, including all courses required for this program of study.
- Master of Science students must submit a comprehensive portfolio and schedule an interview with the department chair to present the portfolio.
- Visual art students must present a public show; music, music education, and performance studies students must present a public recital; speech specialization students must present a public production.
Master of Fine Arts Degree
- Complete at least 60 credit hours, including all courses required for this program of study.
- Present a public show or dramatic production.
- Submit and defend acceptable thesis.