All graduation requirements must be completed prior to participation in commencement. If a student has completed the graduation requirements and is on campus, he must participate in commencement. Commencement is held annually in May. Summer and December graduates are invited to participate in commencement the following May after degree requirements are met.
- Earn a 3.00 grade point average (on a 4.00 scale) at Pensacola Christian College and receive at least a “C” in all courses. (Graduate students may repeat up to two courses with a grade of “C” or above to improve their grade point average [Education Seminar excluded]. With approval of the Graduate Committee, a student lacking grade points may take additional courses to make up the grade-point deficiency.)
- Complete residency requirements at Pensacola Christian College. (See specific programs of study.)
- Complete a Petition for Graduation form in the Records Office no later than registration for the first class of the summer of anticipated graduation or by the end of the drop/add period of the fall or spring semester of anticipated graduation. (Graduation fees are assessed based on stated anticipated graduation date.)
- Settle all financial obligations to the College.
In addition to the general requirements above, the following items are also required:
Doctor of Education
- Complete at least 60 credit hours beyond master’s degree or 90 credit hours beyond bachelor’s degree including all courses required for this program and doctoral research.
- Successfully complete written and oral comprehensive examinations.
- Successfully complete, defend, and present an acceptable dissertation.
Complete at least 36 credit hours beyond master’s degree or 66 hours beyond bachelor’s degree including all courses required for this program.
Master of Arts and Master of Science
- Complete at least 30 credit hours, including all courses required for this program of study.
- Art students must present a public show; music, music education, and performance studies must present a public recital; speech specialization must present a public production.
Master of Fine Arts
- Complete at least 60 credit hours, including all courses required for this program of study.
- Present a public show or dramatic production.
- Submit and defend acceptable thesis.