- What do I need to get started?
- You will need a computer (PC or Mac) with an 802.11g/n-compatible wireless card.
- You can purchase a computer with built-in 802.11g/n-compatible wireless connectivity.
- Where can I purchase a wireless card?
- An 802.11g/n-compatible wireless card can be purchased at almost any electronics store.
- What Web browsers are recommended?
- Firefox 15 or higher
- Safari 5 or higher
- Internet Explorer 9 or higher
- Where will I have wireless access on campus?
- All residence halls, the Library, the Commons, and the Sports Center are equipped with wireless access points.
- What if I don’t have a computer?
- You will be able to access student e-mail and limited Internet Web sites through the library computer lab.
- How do I pay for this service?
- Wireless networking is included in the technology fee automatically charged to students each semester.
- When will I receive my e-mail address and instructions on how
to use the network?
- At check-in, all students will receive an e-mail address and instructions for usage.
We recommend the following minimum computer specifications:
|Network Card||802.11g/n wireless card|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows Vista (Home or Professional) or Mac OS X 10.3|