Equipment featured in the PCC Planetarium:
- The 50-foot dome provides an interstellar arena where 50 slide and special effects projectors work with 2 video/graphics projectors to fill the dome surface with high-definition video. Sky-Scan, Inc. produced the high-definition format for PCC, the first Northwest Florida organization to offer high-definition video.
- Audio for planetarium productions is produced by a 30,000-watt, 7.1 surround-sound system.
- The Digital Sky 2 system gives viewers the night sky from various locations on earth and throughout the universe.
The Heavens Declare
Explore the sun, planets, constellations, and galaxies in the vast space of the universe.
Celestial Stained Glass
See how stars “differ in glory” in their size and
temperature. Often clusters of stars appear as one star. Celestial Nebulae form exquisite
color patterns that remind one of stained glass windows.
Stair Steps to Space
Begin with man’s discovery of the basic planetary
motions and progress “step by step” to man’s
further discoveries of God’s creation.
Exploring with the North Star
Experience the wonder of the North Star, and see how it was used as a guide for explorers. Let the North Star guide your exploration of the night sky.
- Cost: $4.00 (ages 5 and above)
- MacKenzie (elevator to 6th floor)
Must be seated 5 minutes before presentation starts.
No admittance after presentation begins.
$120 per show for 1–30 people; each additional is $4 per ticket up to 100 seats.
- Church youth
- Senior citizens
- School science classes
- Birthday groups
- Private—No one but your group will be present for the show.
- Convenient—You set up a time that works for your schedule.
- Flexible—If your group is running a little late, don’t worry. We won’t start without you.
Call (850) 494-6776 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Advance tickets sold at PCC Info Desk in Administration Building and 30 minutes prior to presentation at MacKenzie Lobby (if tickets are still available).