Residence Hall Life
Safety and Security
Pensacola Christian College encourages all members of the campus community to report illegal or unethical conduct. The following guidelines will help ensure the security of you and your belongings:
- To enter your residence hall, show your PCC Card to the lobby attendant. Your PCC Card also gives you access to your residence hall room. Roommates, RAs, and authorized College personnel also have access to the room.
- If you are locked out of your room, contact roommates/suitemates, RM, Assistant RMs, or your RAs. You may also contact Security at 4357 (HELP) to unlock the room ($5 charge to your account).
- If you lose your PCC Card, go to the Information Desk for a replacement ($7.50 charge to your account).
- If the fire alarm sounds, exit the building immediately using the nearest stairway. Do not use elevators.
- The fire evacuation route is posted on the back of your room door.
- If you discover smoke or fire in any facility, remain calm, pull the closest alarm, and evacuate the building.
- Never attempt to fight a fire yourself.
- Fire drills are conducted in the residence halls each semester.
- To reduce risk of fire and conserve electricity, lights and electrical items must be turned off when no one is in the room.
- Unplug hair-care items, personal-sized appliances , and irons immediately after use and store them safely. Other appliances with a heating element or items with an open flame are unsafe and not permitted.
- Hazardous items are not allowed.
- Power strips that connect to the outlet by an electrical cord are permitted; however, electrical outlet multipliers that plug directly into the outlet are not allowed.
- Furniture cannot impede entering or exiting the room. Because of limited space, rooms cannot accommodate sofas or large chairs/tables.
Security and Privacy
The College recognizes a student's rights and need for security and privacy. The following guidelines are to help ensure your security and privacy in the residence hall, your college home away from home.
- Guests must sign in at the residence hall desk and be escorted by the student they are visiting.
- Babysitting in residence halls is not allowed.
- No horseplay, running, or excessive noise is permitted in the residence hall.
- Do not prop open room doors or alter lock mechanisms.
- Once the building closes, do not prop open the exterior doors. Those who need to enter after the building is closed may need to contact Security (479-6595).
- Room windows must remain locked; close room blinds before sunset.
- Men may not be in women’s residence halls, and women may not be in men’s residence halls.
Protection of Personal Possessions
- Record serial numbers of valuable items.
- We recommend that you store your valuables in a small lockbox.
- Secure your laptop with a password and small locking device.
- Do not store personal belongings in the hallway or stairwells.
- Do not enter another residence hall room unless an occupant of that room is present.
- Borrowing without permission will be dealt with as stealing.
- Show respect for others' property. Do not handle another student's possessions without permission.