What do I need to get started?
- You will need a computer (PC or Mac) with an 802.11g/n-compatible wireless
- You can purchase a computer with built-in 802.11g/n-compatible
Where can I purchase a wireless card?
- An 802.11g/n-compatible wireless card can be purchased
at almost any electronics store.
What Web browsers are recommended?
- Firefox 15 or higher
- Safari 5 or higher
- Microsoft Edge
Where will I have wireless access on campus?
- All residence halls, the Library, the Commons, and the Sports Center
are equipped with wireless access points.
What if I don’t have a computer?
- You will be able to access student e-mail and limited Internet Web sites through the library computer lab.
When will I receive my e-mail address and instructions on how
to use the network?
- At check-in, all students will receive an e-mail
address and instructions for usage.
Recommended Tablet Specifications
||Most recent version of Android, iOS, or Windows
Unsupported mobile devices
- Android devices running 3.1 or earlier
- 1st Generation Kindle Fire
- Any generation of Nook prior to the Nook HD
Recommended Computer Specifications
(burns/reads CDs and DVDs)
||Wireless (Windows: 802.11b/g/n; Mac: Airport Extreme)
||Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 8 Pro, OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
|Support & protection
||Extended warranty plan, including accidental damage coverage, for expected life of machine and a laptop bag to protect your computer.