Master of Church Music Degree
The purpose of this degree is to enable the church or Christian school musician to obtain advanced training in choral conducting, vocal
communication, church music philosophy and administration, church music literature, and Bible content.
Learning Outcomes: Graduates of this program will be able to
- demonstrate an advanced knowledge of the Word of God through expositional study,
- offer a credible defense of sound doctrine,
- integrate a greater understanding of Scripture into various ministry contexts,
- evaluate current issues affecting ministry in light of biblical teaching,
- develop a biblical philosophy of music, and
- demonstrate skills necessary for effective leadership in a church music ministry.
The student is thoroughly grounded and trained in a Christian philosophy of music, which balances academic proficiency with spiritual perception. The
combination of music and Bible courses prepares the student with the broad education necessary to function effectively as a music minister or Christian
school music instructor.
Courses You’ll Take
The Master of Church Music degree can be completed in two summers when supplemented with online-learning courses. Three music sessions
are offered each summer. Bible requirements may be met by attending summer sessions or through online learning. This format allows maximum flexibility to the active church musician. All work for the M.C.M. degree must be completed within seven