The purpose of this degree is to provide graphic designers with an opportunity
to develop advanced conceptual and technical mastery in a specific
area of concentration with a biblically supported understanding of the arts.
Learning Outcomes: Graduates of the graphic design program will be
- articulate a distinctly Christian-traditional philosophy of art;
- analyze historical trends in artistic theory and practice;
- demonstrate advanced technical proficiency in the use of appropriate
creative media and technology in a specific area of concentration;
- demonstrate proficiency in the areas of typography, layout, and
- create a unique and consistent body of visual works that communicates
a clear message based on traditional design principles;
- solve complex creative problems at a professional level using advanced
processes of research, development, and execution; and
- exhibit professional skills and behaviors necessary to compete in
their chosen field of art.
See Admission Requirements.
Residence work may be completed in
four consecutive fall/spring semesters.
A public show must be given before
graduate work is completed.
Students enrolled in the M.A. in Graphic Design program are required to own a personal laptop for use in class. An Adobe Creative Cloud subscription is also required. Laptop specifications must meet minimum Adobe Creative Cloud system requirements.
Courses You’ll Take