Master of Arts in Biblical Languages
The purpose of this degree is to strengthen the full-time Christian worker or earnest layman who hungers for a greater knowledge of the
Scriptures and to equip him for greater effectiveness in ministry.
Learning Outcomes: Graduates of this program will be able to
- demonstrate an advanced knowledge of the Word of God through expositional study,
- offer a credible defense of sound doctrine,
- integrate a greater understanding of Scripture into various ministry contexts,
- evaluate current issues affecting ministry in light of biblical teaching, and
- translate God’s Word accurately from the original languages.
This program focuses on God’s Word in the original languages. The biblical doctrines of inspiration and preservation are stressed to instill a loyalty
to the Masoretic Text/Textus Receptus and a reverence for the accuracy and integrity of the Authorized Version (KJV). Students acquire and apply sound
tools for studying the Scriptures and rightly dividing the Word of Truth.
Courses You’ll Take
The M.A. degree must be completed within 7 consecutive years.
Up to six courses
may be taken through online learning;
however, four consecutive fall/spring
semesters are required to meet Greek