Below are answers to our most frequently asked questions. If your question isn’t addressed, give us a call at 850-478-8496, ext. 5241, or email We’re here to help!

  1. Is PCC an accredited institution?

    Yes! For more details, see accreditation.

  2. Does PCC/PTS help with job placement?

    Career Services helps PCC/PTS students and alumni seeking internships or employment. Through the Career Services website, you can see posted job openings and connect with organizations about your job interests.

  3. Can I transfer credits from somewhere else?

    Yes, credits earned in an approved or accredited college or university will be considered for transfer to PTS/PCC. Courses that are acceptable for transfer must be completed prior to enrollment and be similar in content to those replaced in the chosen program at PTS or PCC. Only courses with a grade of “A” or “B” are considered for transfer (“C” or higher for M.Div.).

    At least 50 percent of the total credits required for a graduate degree must be completed at PTS or PCC. For more details, see academic credit policies.

  4. What are the living arrangements for on-campus graduate/seminary students?

    For summer or one-week modules, residence hall accommodations are available for single or married students. Spouses are also welcome to stay if space is available and only pay room and board per session. Children are not permitted to stay in the residence halls. During the fall and spring semesters, residence hall accommodations are only available for single students.

    Residence hall rooms are single occupancy for the summer but may have multiple occupants during the fall and spring semesters. Your room will have either a private or adjoining bathroom, standard twin-size beds, closet and dresser space, a mini-fridge, a desk, chairs, and shelving. Linens or pillows are not provided.

  1. Is there a minimum GPA in order to continue in my program?

    Graduate and seminary students are expected to maintain a 3.00 cumulative GPA (2.00 for M.Div. and M.Min.).

  2. What’s the grading system?

    The 4.00 grading system below is used for all students.

    Grade Grade Points Per Hour
    A (Excellent) 4
    B (Good) 3
    C (Passing) 2
    D (Unsatisfactory) 1
    F (Failing) 0
  3. What if I have to repeat a course?

    If you don’t earn a passing grade, you are able to repeat the course. All grades earned become part of your permanent record and will show on any PCC transcript. However, when a course is repeated, the highest grade you earned for that course will be used in computing your grade point average. (Note: Credit hours are only counted once for repeated courses.) For more details, see grading system.

  4. How many credits should I take per semester?

    A normal full-time, on-campus graduate load is 9 to 15 credits, depending on the program in which a student is enrolled. A maximum load is 16 credit hours per term.

    Online-learning students can take as many as three courses per term.

  5. Can I take fewer credits?

    Yes, you can take fewer credits than the normal credit load. However, keep in mind that taking fewer classes per semester means it’ll take longer to finish your degree. Also, you may be subject to changes in your degree requirements if you don’t attend consecutive semesters full-time.

  1. How do I apply?

    If you’re attending for the first time, use the following checklist to apply:

    1. Apply online for Admission.
    2. Pay the $50 Application Fee by credit card (Visa, Discover, MasterCard, or American Express).
    3. After submitting your application, ask the college or university that granted your bachelor’s degree to send a complete transcript to the Director of Admissions. We need transcripts for all graduate-level and undergraduate-level work.
  2. What are the academic admission requirements?
    • A master’s degree requires a bachelor’s degree with a minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA (2.00 for M.Div. and M.Min. degrees).
    • A master’s degree requires a bachelor’s degree with a minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA (2.00 for M.Div. and M.Min. degrees).
    • A specialist degree requires a master’s degree with a minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA.
    • A doctoral degree requires a master’s degree (M.Div. or equivalent for D.Min.) with a minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA.

    Specific degree programs may include additional admission requirements.

  1. What is an online-learning course?

    Online-learning courses have the same lectures and course requirements as on-campus courses, but you can watch the lectures (recorded live in classrooms), interact with your instructor and other students, and complete course requirements at any time or place using a computer. These courses provide a traditional classroom experience without having to leave your current ministry or full-time employment.

  2. Who should take online-learning courses?

    Self-motivated individuals who are independent learners are ideal online-learning students.

  3. How do I find out what courses you offer?

    View course listing for all available courses.

  4. What delivery formats are available for online learning?

    All courses are delivered via Canvas, a web-based learning management system.

  5. How do online-learning courses work?

    You’ll access your courses online through a learning management system (LMS) called Canvas. You’ll be able to do your work; watch course videos; and communicate with other students, your teacher, and the Online Learning Office all in one place.

  6. Will I have quizzes, tests, papers, etc.?

    Yes, you’ll complete the same coursework as on-campus students.

  7. Do I need a proctor?

    Yes, a proctor is required for online classes. Online proctoring is our preferred method for tests and exams. However, if you choose to use a live proctor, there is a $10 proctor verification fee, and the proctor must be approved. The proctor must be a member of your local church staff or the staff of a Christian school. Relatives, peers, or other students enrolled in online courses are not allowed to be proctors. Your proctor should be available throughout the term to proctor your tests, and you will need to plan your testing times around your proctor’s schedule.

  8. What are the computer requirements?

    You will need a stable internet connection of at least 2.0 Mbps or higher available at the location(s) where you will be completing your course(s) online.

    If you will be using online proctoring, you need to take your exams using a PC or Mac desktop computer, laptop, iPad, or Chromebook. A webcam and a microphone are required. Cell phones cannot be used.

    Please note: Students taking BLV 645 or BLV 646 online need to use either a PC or a Mac to be able to access the Hebrew keyboard and successfully complete course requirements.

  9. What are the costs?

    View a current list of tuition and fees.

  10. How many online-learning courses can I take at one time?

    You can register for up to three courses per term.

  11. How much time do I have to complete my course?

    See dates and deadlines for specific registration and term dates.

  12. How long can I take to finish my degree?

    You may take up to seven years (six years for the D.Min. and five years for the Ed.S.) to complete your degree.

  13. Which courses are offered online?

    See course listing for all available courses.

  14. Can I earn a degree entirely by online learning?

    The following degrees can be earned entirely online:

  15. How do I get started?

    Apply for admission online. When you receive final acceptance, you can register for your online-learning courses online.

  16. How do I register for a course?

    After receiving final acceptance, go online to register for your course.

  17. When can I register?

    See academic calendar for registration and term dates.

  18. How do I get my textbooks?

    You can rent or buy textbooks through Barnes and Noble College.