An applicant is not required to have majored in business on the undergraduate level. However, certain core competencies from undergraduate courses must be demonstrated (with at least a “C-”) to register for some required M.B.A. courses. Core competencies that meet requirements are listed below (along with PCC courses).
A student may begin M.B.A. courses prior to meeting all competency requirements.
- Accounting—Introductory courses (AC 231 and 232)
- Computer Security—Introductory course (CS 271)
- Database—Introductory course (BA 330 or CS 303)
- Finance—Corporate Finance—one year (BA 301 and 302)
- Marketing—Foundational course (MK 204)
- Statistics—Upper-level course (BA 322 or MA 326)
Students may satisfy these core competencies while taking M.B.A. courses, but the time to complete the M.B.A. will increase.
All Applicants Must Submit the Following:
For more information, see General Admission Requirements.
All coursework can be completed on campus in four fall/spring semesters and one summer term. Minimum on-campus requirements can be completed in one summer term, with the remaining courses taken online. All core competencies except Computer Security and Database are available via online learning. Students may satisfy core competencies while taking M.B.A. courses; however, the time required to complete the M.B.A. degree should be expected to increase.
- Online-learning semesters begin each fall, spring, and summer.
- On-campus semesters begin each fall and spring with select 9-day summer sessions.
See the Calendar of Events for more information.
Your Master of Business Administration must be completed within 7 years.