History of PCC
Pensacola Christian College was an idea that came from God to PCC’s founders, Dr. Arlin and Rebekah Horton. This idea became a reality in 1974 when 100 students arrived at PCC’s one building. Forty-five years later, students now represent every state and over 50 foreign countries. PCC offers a wide variety of programs in some of the finest college facilities in America. Although PCC has grown, excellence in education and commitment to the Lord remain the core of the College’s balanced program.
Pensacola Theological Seminary was founded in 1998 when PCC saw the need to expand its practical, Bible-centered approach to ministerial training. The goal of the Seminary is to fill each student’s mind and heart with what the Bible says. The purpose of the Seminary is to prepare servant-leaders to share the gospel boldly, preach the Word clearly, and shepherd the flock faithfully.
Ministries of PCC
- Rejoice Broadcast Network, from flagship radio station WPCS (89.5 FM), broadcasts all-Christian radio to nearly two million Upper Gulf Coast residents. KPCS (89.7 FM) also broadcasts across Minneapolis/St. Paul, and KRRB (88.1 FM) broadcasts across the Boise, Idaho, market. Combined with an affiliate station WJQY-LPFM (101.1 FM) in Wilson, North Carolina, 36 translator stations in cities across America, and through the Internet, Rejoice Radio now reaches an untold number of listeners. Completely automated Rejoice Radio operates 24 hours a day, carries no commercials, and is supported entirely by listener gifts.
- Rejoice in the Lord, the weekly telecast of Campus Church services features inspirational music and heartwarming Bible messages on television stations across the nation and around the world.
Affiliates of PCC
- Abeka Academy Video Streaming or DVD enrolls more than 50,000 homeschool students annually. More than 9,000 students in Christian schools across the nation receive instruction from the master teachers of Pensacola Christian Academy via video.
- Abeka produces daily curriculums and more than 1,000 character-building textbooks and teaching materials. More than 10,000 Christian schools across America use Abeka textbooks.
- Campus Church is a local church that meets on the college campus and ministers to Pensacola area residents and the college community through sound biblical preaching, uplifting music, evangelistic opportunities, and support of worldwide missions.
- Joyful Life Bible study and Sunday school materials are used by hundreds of churches for their toddler through adult classes.
- Pensacola Christian Academy is one of the largest independent schools of its kind in the nation. PCA operates from a single 240,000-square-foot complex that houses grades K–12.
Clinics and Seminars
Held annually for more than 1,400 delegates, giving practical helps for their Christian schools.
- Summer Seminar provides faculty and administrators in-depth orientation into operating a Christian school.
- Teachers Clinic allows visiting teachers to observe the Pensacola Christian Academy classrooms.
- Principals Clinic offers valuable materials, methods, and principles for operating a Christian school on a strong, Christ-centered foundation.