Students with musical talent find many enjoyable ways in which to use their abilities. Choirs and ensembles provide singing opportunities, while instrumentalists can perform with orchestra; symphonic band; handbell choir; and brass, woodwind, and string ensembles. Plus, students desiring to develop their musical abilities and appreciation will find that the faculty provide instruction in a variety of musical areas.
Auditions are held at the beginning of each semester with openings for voice majors and minors, and for those who simply enjoy singing. Each choral group except College Choir performs in choral concerts each semester and sings a wide range of selections from classical to sacred.
- Chamber Ensemble—a small, select group that performs for choral concerts, Sunday Reflections, and other occasions.
- College Choir—prepares songs for presentation in Campus Church on Sunday evenings.
- Symphonic Choir—a large concert choir that performs a variety of classical selections, as well as folk songs and spirituals.
Other singing opportunities include Voices of PCC, a group of students that performs for Student Body programs and other campus-wide occasions; One Accord, a volunteer, open-membership male vocal ensemble; and Proclaim Ministry Teams that minister in Bible-believing churches and Christian schools.
Those who play musical instruments can perform with orchestra; symphonic band; and brass, woodwind, and strings ensembles. Auditions are held at the beginning of each semester.
- PCCymphony Orchestra—plays for musical productions, classical concerts, seasonal productions, and Commencement.
- Symphonic Band—plays for Christmas Lights, Bible Conference Picnic, and semi-annual concerts.
- Handbell Choir—two bell choirs of approximately 13 ringers that perform for Sunday Reflections, Handbell Concerts, and local churches.
- String Ensemble—offers string players the opportunity to sharpen their skills and perform in the Strings Concert and Sunday Reflections.
- Brass Ensemble—offers students the opportunity to perform in church services, Sunday Reflections, concerts, and other activities.
- Woodwind Ensemble—performs sacred and classical music selections in church services, Sunday Reflections, and concerts.
- Pep Band—lively group that plays during Eagles basketball home games to help keep fans engaged.
View performance highlights from concerts.