Student with Laptop

Online Dual Enrollment FAQs

Take a look at the FAQs below, and let us know if you still have questions! Just call us at 850-478-8496, ext. 8717, or email dualenrollment*pcci|edu. We'd love to help.

What is online dual enrollment?

It's an opportunity for high-achieving high school juniors or seniors to get ahead by taking online college courses and earning college credit while still in high school. At your school's discretion, your dual enrollment classes may also count toward meeting your high school graduation requirements.

What courses are offered?

Bible, English, history, math, and science courses that meet general-education requirements are offered. In addition, some elective courses are available. View course listing for all available courses.

How much does it cost?

Dual enrollment courses cost $185 per credit hour. View a current list of tuition and fees and see how our payment plan works to make dual enrollment courses even more affordable.

As a dual enrollment student, will I be enrolled as a college student at PCC?

No. Even though you’ll be receiving course credits from Pensacola Christian College, you won’t be considered a Pensacola Christian College student. If you’d like to attend PCC after high school, you’ll need to apply for undergraduate admission.

How does testing work?

All tests are completed online through Canvas and may be proctored by a remote online proctor or by an approved in-person proctor. There is no charge to use remote proctoring.

What are the computer requirements?

It is your responsibility to ensure that you have a stable internet connection of at least 2.0 Mbps or higher available at the location(s) where you will be completing your course(s) online. You should verify that this access will be available before you register for online classes.

If you will be using online proctoring, you need to take your exams using a PC or Mac desktop computer, laptop, or Chromebook. A webcam and a microphone are required. Cell phones and tablets cannot be used.

Please note: All students using Respondus or a live in-person proctor will need to download LockDown Browser on their device before taking any tests.

Can my school proctor online tests for me?

Yes, you can choose this option instead of using Examity or Respondus.

When does the dual enrollment application become available?

The application is available year-round; you can view the admission requirements and apply today. Courses are available in the fall, spring, and summer terms.

When can I register for courses?

See dates and deadlines for specific registration and term dates.

I haven't taken the ACT, CLT, or SAT yet. Can I still apply?

In response to COVID-19, the submission of an official college entrance test score will be waived for all new students applying fall 2021 and spring 2022.

Yes, you can apply before taking one of these tests. Applicants who do not have an official score before the registration deadline may still be considered for acceptance by the Admissions Committee.

When you take these tests, have your scores sent automatically to the Director of Admissions by using these codes: ACT code 0707 or SAT code 5970 or you choose PCC from the list of CLT colleges.

When are dual enrollment courses available?

You can take dual enrollment courses during fall, spring, and summer terms. See each term’s dates and deadlines.

Is there a limit to how many courses I can take?

You can take up to two courses per term.

Will courses be accredited?

Pensacola Christian College is accredited by TRACS. Students planning to transfer credits to another institution are responsible to confirm whether courses meet the institutional and specific degree requirements of the transfer institution.

What can I expect when taking online dual enrollment courses?

You'll access your courses online through Canvas, an online learning management system where you can watch course videos; turn in assignments; take quizzes and tests; and communicate with other students, your teacher, and the Online Learning Office.

Online dual enrollment courses have the same lectures and course requirements as on-campus college courses. For a 3-credit course, plan to spend about 9 hours a week watching course lectures, studying, and completing course assignments. Plan 6 hours weekly for 2-credit courses and 12 hours weekly for 4-credit courses.

What if I decide to drop a course?

To make sure dropping a course won't affect your high school graduation requirements, your high school/Abeka Academy will need to grant permission. You'll also need to notify us of your request in writing by email or by letter sent to the following address:

Pensacola Christian College
P.O. Box 18000
Pensacola, FL 32523-9160

A $10 drop fee will be charged. Tuition and fees are nonrefundable and nontransferable once the term begins.

Can homeschooled students take dual enrollment classes?

Dual enrollment is currently available only to students attending Christian schools or Abeka Academy accredited program.

Can high school graduates apply for dual enrollment?

Only currently enrolled high school juniors or seniors can take these courses. Eligibility is based on the anticipated graduation date provided on the dual-enrollment application. Once high school graduation requirements are met, dual enrollment is no longer available.

Is dual enrollment available for international students?

Yes, dual enrollment is available for international students as long as they meet admission requirements.

Will I still need to take a minimum of 4 credits with Abeka Academy my senior year to get the diploma from ABA? If so, would the online dual enrollment classes count toward those 4 courses?

A minimum of four credits in your senior year will need to be taken in order to receive a diploma from Abeka Academy. This is in addition to any online dual enrollment courses that you decide to take.

Will my ABA tuition be reduced if I am taking classes through PCC?

The cost of tuition in Abeka Academy does not include online dual enrollment costs.

Will I have a full 12 months to complete an online dual enrollment class?

No. Online dual enrollment courses have set begin and end dates that match the college schedule. Each term is 12–15 weeks long.

Would I be able to get an extension to finish both/either enrollment(s)?

Extensions up to six months are available with your Abeka Academy courses. College courses must be completed by the term end date.

Is the cost included in the six credits allowed for the accredited program? Or is there a separate fee?

Dual enrollment courses cost $185 per credit hour. View a current list of tuition and fees and see how our payment plan works to make dual enrollment courses even more affordable.

Visit the Abeka Academy FAQs for a complete list.

What will I need to do to help students register for dual enrollment?

Applicants will receive an authorization form that requires your signature. This will be needed their first semester of dual enrollment and each semester they continue in the program.

PCC Online awards college credits for each course. Do you have recommendations for how much high school credit to award?

The policies for assigning high school credit for college courses vary by state. The Carnegie Unit is the most widely used method of assigning credits in U.S. secondary schools. A Carnegie Unit represents a total of 120 hours of coursework in one subject; fractional units are awarded for subjects with fewer hours.

At the college level, each semester credit hour represents approximately 45 hours of class lecture combined with outside classwork or studying. If your state defines a high school credit as a Carnegie Unit of 120 hours, a 2-credit college course would be equivalent to 1/2 unit of high school credit, and 3- or 4-credit college courses would be equivalent to 1 unit. High schools may need to adjust based on your state's requirements for assigning high school credit.

I have a suggestion for how to grow or improve the program. Where should I send it?

Fantastic! Please share it with us by emailing dualenrollment*pcci|edu or calling 850-478-8496, ext. 8717.