Students with musical talent find many enjoyable ways in which to use their abilities. Choirs and ensembles provide singing opportunities, while instrumentalists can perform with orchestra; symphonic band; handbell choir; and brass, woodwind, and string ensembles. Plus, students desiring to develop their musical abilities and appreciation will find that the faculty provide instruction in a variety of musical areas.
Three choral groups, ranging from the 25-voice Chamber Ensemble to the 150-voice College Choir, sing in a number of settings. Auditions are held at the beginning of each semester with openings for voice majors and minors, and for those who simply enjoy singing. Each choral group except College Choir performs in choral concerts each semester and sings a wide range of selections from classical to sacred.
- Chamber Ensemble—chorus of approximately 25 members that performs for choral concerts, Sunday Reflections, and other occasions.
- College Choir—prepares songs for presentation in Campus Church on Sunday evenings.
- Symphonic Choir—group of 50–70 members that performs a variety of classical selections, as well as folk songs and spirituals.
Other singing opportunities include Spirit Singers, a group of 20–25 students that performs for Student Body programs and other occasions; One Accord, a volunteer, open-membership male vocal ensemble; and Proclaim Ministry Teams that minister through concert presentations in Bible-believing churches and Christian schools.
Those who play musical instruments can perform with orchestra; symphonic band; and brass, woodwind, and strings ensembles. Auditions are held at the beginning of each semester.
- PCCymphony Orchestra—plays for musical productions, classical concerts, seasonal productions, and Commencement.
- Symphonic Band—plays for Christmas Lights, Bible Conference Picnic, and semi-annual concerts.
- Handbell Choir—bell choir of approximately 13 ringers that performs for Sunday Reflections, Handbell Concerts, and other occasions.
- String Ensemble—offers string players the opportunity to sharpen their skills and perform in the Strings Concert and Sunday Reflections.
- Brass Ensemble—offers students the opportunity to perform in church services, Sunday Reflections, concerts, and other activities.
- Woodwind Ensemble—performs sacred and classical music selections in church services, Sunday Reflections, concerts, and other activities.
- Pep Band—lively group that plays during Eagles basketball home games to help keep fans excited.
View performance highlights from the Woodwind Concert, Handbell Concert, Symphonic Band, PCCymphony, Chamber Concert, and Strings Concert includes String Ensemble and String Quartet.